Saturday 17 September 2011

Hometown activities

Just a quick post of my latest activity:
I'm in Thessaloniki, my hometown, for 10 days!


Well I desided to come here in order to visti my parents and spent some time with my friends! But not only for visiting and having a good time, but for work, too. I came here to attend some fashion events that are taking place arount in the center of Thessaloniki and I really can't miss. Let me show you...

1. VONDIVA Fashion Party @ Movida Cafe-Bar





Well this event took place yesterday, but it worths mentioning. The VONDIVA Fashion Magazine organized it's 2nd Fashion Show Party at the Movida Cafe-Bar yesterday (Friday, 16th of Το September). There was a 3hour fashion show with popular local models and a draw for Von Diva's vintage clothing designed by a Greek Designer ElenaTsapanidou. After then, a great party took place with plenty of drinking, dancing, photoshooting and of course fashion! Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera yesterday, 'cause I was in real rush in order to catch up the beginnig of the show :-( 

For more information about the Magazine please visit vondiva.com




2. Fashion's Night Out Thessaloniki - The Party

       
                                                                                                                 


Yeah! You are totally right if you thought about the international fashion party of VOGUE ! This is it! For the first time this worldwide party will finally take place in Thessaloniki, in Aristoteles Square and many shops will participate to this party for fashion! The most popular are Zara, Massimo Dutti, Diesel Shop, Stradivarius, Juicy Coulture, Max Mara Shop, Nike, Sephora and
from the greek ones Parthenis, Nestor Yannakis, Baton Premier, Hondos Center, Notos Galleries, etc. This special event is held for the third time and in cause to celebrate fashion worldwide and support the market's big wound: global financial crisis. I'm so excited for this Fashion Night Out which is going to be held on Tuesday the 20th of September ! Check if this Fashion Party is taking place in your city and don't miss it of course! If you are among the lucky ones who already been in VOGUE's Night Out let us know!


For more information about VOGUE's Fashion Night Out please visit fashionsnightout.com


3.  STREET FASHION FESTIVAL 2011


        

This event is so cool ! I will start with the fact that is powerd by Pillbox. This is a greek organation in Thessaloniki which supports people or teams of people who design handmade cloths, accesories and cloths or just sell vintage and second-hand fashion in low prices. Every month there is usually a 2day event in which the participants sell their products in a local cafe in Thessaloniki. This time Pillbox will dare to something bigger and closer to a fashion celebration. A street festival !
There will be the standard Pillbox Bazaar with the handmade, vintage and second-hand products and cloth exchange between the visitors, fashion show with pet catwalk and catwalk on rollers (!) and finally street theatre :-) Not bad for it's first time, huh?
This special event will last 2 days, on Thursday the 22nd of September which is also the global Without Car Day (that's why the fashion shows will be held on this day) and on Friday the 23rd of September. I really can't wait for this !


For more information about Pillbox please visit pillbox.gr




So quys this is what I'm looking forward on my 10day staying in my hometown! Plenty of fashion events and shopping around the local market! I promise to get some photos of the 2 upcoming events waiting for me! I'll catch up you later with a sneak peek of the outfits I'm going to wear on both of the upcoming events! Till then...


Be different, be confident, be stylish !
Kate V
P.S. : ...and also have a nice weekend ! :-)





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your blog, discovered it right now and Im so happy about it.
    You have great style, and are very inspiring!!! Keep up the good work, you definitely got a new fan and a follower!
    If you get a chance pop up by my page
    xoxo Tamara
    www.theglamandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Tamara! I'm so proyd of my first follower! I hope I will make a great blog! Stay tuned! I will visit your page :-) Thank you very much! kisses xD

    ReplyDelete